approach to sustainability
Syntio is a data engineering company providing professional services and products using cloud technology. As cloud technology is one of the core values in creating sustainable business processes, we strongly believe that Syntio is providing services that are significantly contributing to ESG strategy implementation for our clients.
Since inception, Syntio is proud of creating a work environment that not only promotes equality, diversity and inclusion, but also encourages the development of experience capital. Lectures and various education is organized for both employees and interested parties outside of the organization. Syntio promotes a healthy lifestyle by offering numerous health benefits for its employees.
Transparent communication is the key to building a coherent working community and therefore all essential company data is accessible to all employees via shared pages or quarterly organized “All hands meetings”.
Syntio is currently compliant with all relevant laws and regulations. Moreover, the company has an ESG/Non-financial report, is a member of UN Global Compact community, and has an ISO certificate (ISO-IEC 27001).
Syntio is associated with NACE code J62 in accordance with the statistical classification of economic activities established by Regulation (EC) No 1893/2006.
CREATING VALUE FOR OUR PLANET
Data engineering is the foundation of creating effective data management that increases value for clients. Also, the
cloud technology that Syntio predominantly works with means fewer machines and less energy costs. Additionally,
cloud technology enables remote working and a reduction in travel.
plastic free office
numerous efforts to keep carbon footprint low such as online meetings and less travel
various forest protection initiatives
EMPLOYEES ARE SYNTIO’S PRIDE
In Syntio, we strive to nurture a culture of diversity, equality, and togetherness. We believe that investing in education, health and wellbeing is essential to support the professional development of each Syntian and make them truly acknowledge their value and contribution. Furthermore, such an approach transcends any role and even makes benefactions outside Syntio, through employees providing education to students or doing charity work.
CARE FOR EMPLOYEES AND COMMUNITY
• Power MBA course for all employees
• Certificates not only for FTEs but
students as well
• Syntio Labs (R&D)
• Tech Tuesdays
• Non-tech Thursdays
• Teams channel for knowledge exchange
• Confluence portal for knowledge sharing
• All workplace education is welcome
health & wellbeing
• Health insurance
• Annual general check-up
• Pension scheme (third pillar)
• Annual ophthalmology check
• Encouraging sports and leisure afterwork activities
• Flexible working hours to help ensure work-life balance
• Mental health – more vacation days than average in Croatia
CARE FOR EMPLOYEES AND COMMUNITY
• All hands meeting – quarterly meeting with all employees
• Q&A as a way of work – Board & Management always accessible for questions
• Equal growth opportunities – via unified and transparent progress check and systematization of roles in the company
• Security of internal processes
• Security of client data
• All applicable laws
• ISO 27001
• Labor workbook
• Rulebook on internal
reporting of irregularities
• UN Global Compact
• Non-financial (ESG) report